Volcanologist and Unapologetic Gravity Geek
Hello and welcome!
I’m a geophysical consultant at MacQueen Geophysical Consulting. I completed my Master’s thesis on geophysics and volcanology at Simon Fraser University. My twin passions are gravimetry and volcanology. I am fascinated by volcanoes both in a geological and a human sense. I am also gravity-mad, endlessly curious to find new applications for gravimetry and techniques for improving existing methods. My research to date has mainly focused on using gravimetry to study volcanoes; however, in the future I hope to do more research on improving and expanding gravity techniques.
- Gravimetry - Bouguer surveys, Inversion, 4-D gravity surveys, survey optimization
- Volcanology – Magma plumbing systems, monitoring, geophysical imaging of volcanic systems
- Geophysics – Magnetics, Seismology, Deformation
- Geophysical Consultant, MacQueen Geophysical Consulting, 2017 to present
- Geophysicist, Micro-g LaCoste, 2014 to 2017
- Geophysics Intern, Micro-g LaCoste, 2014
- Teaching Assistant, Simon Fraser University, 2011, 2013
- Research Volunteer, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, Summer 2010
- Lab Assistant, Cashman Volcanology Lab, 2008-2010
- Intern, IRIS Seismology Internship, Summer 2009
Magma plumbing system at Cerro Negro volcano, Nicarauga, imaged by Bouguer gravity survey
USGS 4-D gravity survey at Kilauea volcano, Hawai`i